Sunday, January 10, 2010

Searching

I'm constantly searching for better wheat-free bread and new foods that are safe to eat.  If you've purchased gluten-free bread, you know it's expensive.  I found this site with great prices!  I have only tried one of their products - french bread rolls - and they were very good.  I found them at our local Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.  I have emailed this company, to ask if they use cane or beet sugar in their products:

http://www.gilliansfoods.com/

I'm also trying to find an ice cream without corn syrup.  I thought this would be easy but it's not!  Cold Stone Creamery and Baskin Robbins both use corn syrup (and who knows which type of sugar).  Breyers All Natural Coffee ice cream seems promising but I emailed their parent company, Unilever, to ask about the sugar.

I found this site that lists products without HFCS.  It's very possible that many of these products have corn syrup in them, so you'll have to research individual products, before trying them:

http://www.stophfcs.com/list.html

I ran out of my homemade muffins and brought buttered/salted Quinoa to work, for breakfast.  I'm also out of turkey and beef patties.  I have a lot of cooking to do!  I hate cooking.  That's why having a disorder like this is so damn frustrating.

No comments: