Thursday, January 07, 2010

Progress, not perfection....

The BBQ mixture my daughter created for me on a chicken dish was actually very good!  I still haven't attempted making a sauce with cauliflower but I will!

Dicyclomine has changed my life.  I no longer cramp up before, during, and especially after a trip to the bathroom!  I also make fewer trips to the bathroom, unless I've eaten something from the "Naughty List."

One of my staples is a muffin mix that I added some completely natural dried cranberries to.  My hubby picked up a different brand of wheat-free mix for me and it just isn't as good.  I added bluberries to it and I have to warm them, cut them in half, and add butter to them just to eat them.  When I find the mix I like, I'll share it, here. 

My attempt at making a wheat-free pizza dough was a complete disaster.  Someone in my Yahoo support group recommended a particular brand of mix that you can order online, so that's next on my list.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi! Your blog looks great and I'm eager to follow you as you figure out this new diet and way of life.

I'm also on the yahoo support group and have just shared the link to a pizza recipe that I found online and absolutely adore. I'm not sure if you've adapted your kitchen to gluten free cooking -- it definately requires a lot more variety of flour and ingredients, but if you have then give the recipe a try.

Just as an aside though, do you find cauliflower to be okay? I've noted that it's on Sue Shepherd's latest no-go list and I haven't had any in a long while but do miss it. If you find it to be okay I might give it a try again.

ShesaDJ said...

Thanks, Caroline! I don't mind making my own pizza dough but gosh, if I can find one already mixed, that I can add a couple of things to, that would rock.

I haven't given cauliflower a serious test, yet. We had some in a chicken dish last week, but I haven't been good about being "clean" before trying new foods, recently. I don't follow Sue Shepherd, at all. I use the lists in the Ledford's "Fructose Malabsorption" book and cauliflower is one of the very few veggies considered to be absolutely safe. I'll let you know, once I give it a real test.