Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Relief and a BBQ Experiment

Yesterday, my doc went over all the results of my scope and colonoscopy, since you're usually too drugged up to remember what they tell you, right after.  I have inflammation in my esophagus, stomach, intestines, and colon.  She biopsied all four areas and they were completely normal.  That said, I have a hiatal hernia, which explains a lifetime of chronic and severe heartburn and reflux, which is irritating my tummy and esophagus.  I take medication that completely took away all the pain, so there's nothing more to do.

I told her the worst part of Fructose Malabsorption is the terrible cramping inside, whenever I use the bathroom (which was up to 10 times a day, now down to 3-5).  She wrote a scrip for an anti-spasmatic and it works!  I didn't realize that my insides were almost in a chronic state of cramping, until I took this medicine!  I've been pain-free all day!  It's wonderful!!!  I feel NORMAL.  It also helps cut back on the number of trips to the bathroom, needed.  BONUS!

While at work, my daughter messaged me to ask if I can have Chickpeas.  I told her no, because they're a legume, high in fructose.  She wrote, "Crap" back.  She and my sister heard my ideas for creating a mock BBQ sauce, using cauliflower, liquid smoke, mustard, possibly blueberries or juice, raw sugar, salt and pepper, and other things.  I guess they thought Chickpeas would be a better base and they made a BBQ chicken dinner with a newly created sauce.  I love them!  I'm going to have some, anyway, and eat a bunch of Smarties, to try and counteract the fructose.  Next time, we'll use the cauliflower.  I'll let you know how it turns out and I'll be sure to share my secret recipe, right here!

No comments: