Friday, December 18, 2009

A Rough Day

Was it the "all natural" blackberry syrup I had on my gluten-free waffles or was the sugar in the rice crackers made from beets, not sugar cane?  I don't know but my insides are cramping so much, I think they want out!  My guess is the syrup, which has "corn syrup" first on the ingredients list.  Must've been the wrong grade.  It was worth a try (boy, was it GOOD, but not enough to eat any more of it).  I did email Roland foods, to ask if the sugar in their rice crackers is from cane or beets.  Please, please, PLEASE be from cane!

Hubby made beef patties, while I was at work.  MMMMmmmm!  Beef, liquid smoke, and chopped up mushrooms that were sauteed in butter with salt and slightly crushed garlic cloves (removed the cloves, after cooking).  Wonderful!  Now, if only I could find an adequate substitute for ketchup.  I checked out some Banana Ketchup recipes but most have TOMATO PASTE listed as an ingredient.  I found one that didn't but it had some other things that I'd have to modify.  If I hit on a good recipe, I'll be sure to share.

Eventually, I'd like to create a Fructose Free website, full of information and recipes, with product recommendations and tips for newbies.  It's a lofty goal, especially considering that I'm really a newbie, myself.  If someone else creates it, GREAT!  If not, I will.  Someday.

No comments: