Thursday, December 17, 2009

Success!

My older sister lives with us and she made a roast with veggies in the slow cooker, on Tuesday.  I boldly used the juice on my Fructose-Free turkey burger, with no ill effects.  Last night, I decided to eat some of the roast and the potatoes, skipping the carrots and chunks of onion.  It was delicious and I had no reaction to it!  It was roast beef, potatoes, carrots, large chunks of onions, and cabbage, seasoned with a little salt and pepper, cooked in a slow cooker filled half way with water and cooked all day on low.  YUM!

I posted this in my Fructose Malabsorption support group, on Yahoo, and I feel it's important to share with you:

Most folks don't realize the damage FM can do to your body. I could easily dig into whatever side dishes my family wants to eat and just take Immodium AD to ease the symptoms... but I've already been suffering with a very high level of inflammation in my body (SED rate is 90, CRP is 3.8), which I know can lead to heart problems and other issues. I've developed an irregular heartbeat in the last 2-3 months and need to go see my doctor about it - it could be related.

Another member responded about the serious medical issues this has caused her, including hair loss, inability to absorb vitamins and nutrients, anemia, Osteopena and Fibromyalgia, and hospitalization when doctors thought she was showing signs of a stroke, heart attack, and even Diabetes.

If food is making you sick, please see a Gastroenterologist, as soon as possible.  Self diagnosis is not a good idea, since you may have other, more serious problems that a doctor needs to rule out.

=================================================
I am not a doctor or medical professional.  Views expressed in this blog are purely personal, based on my own experience.  If you are suffering symptoms of Fructose Malabsorption, please see a qualified Gastroenterologist or your family doctor.

No comments: