Thursday, December 24, 2009

Veggies are Evil

As a good little FMer, I was determined to have what my family was having for dinner - broiled beef strips and tempura veggies!  I looked up a gluten-free tempura batter recipe and we lightly browned my beef strips in butter with garlic cloves (slightly pressed/crushed for flavor) with a little salt and pepper added, and then we broiled them (is your mouth watering, yet?).  The tempura came out darker than the regular wheat flour version but it was a nice substitute.  I dipped both my beef and veggies in my wheat-free soy sauce and enjoyed a wonderful dinner!  That was then.  This is now.

I was ready to leave the house 30-minutes early for work, due to the icy roads, when dinner hit me.  I made three trips to the bathroom, costing me 20 minutes and causing a lot of discomfort.  Damn!  Who'd have thought a couple of carrot slices, small broccoli florets, and green beans would do that?  I took an Immodium AD tablet at work, just in case the reaction isn't over AND because I brought the leftovers for lunch.

Here's to a fructose-free Christmas dinner to you and yours and better research and information about FM in the coming year.  Yeah, I'll probably post that again on New Year's Eve. :-)

No comments: